I'm 45 Today

Happy birthday to me!  
Yeah, I'm 45 today.  WOW...45.   

Best birthday present I got so far today came to me while doing a P90X upper body work out this morning.  Physically I don't feel any different than I did twenty years ago, and I have greater endurance.  Of course I have to sneak in the gluten free and mostly caesin free diet over the last couple years has helped decrease aches and pains tremendously.  Smile and frown lines are a little deeper, but I've earned 'em along with a few more gray hairs.  

Still, this isn't a completely happy day.  What gets to me every year is the progress I've made as a fiction writer.   It's hitting me especially hard this year.  Maybe that's why I've been in such a foul mood the past month or two.  You'd think I'd be working harder for success, but I'm still fighting the urge to quit.

Oops...it's my birthday.  Keep it positive!

Now that I'm a year older, maybe a nap would help.

3 comments:

hking said...

Happy Birthday. Each one is special. Celebrate all week.

James Garcia Jr said...

Happy Birthday, Wendy! Isn't it the sixth anniversary of your thirty-ninth birthday?
In all seriousness, hang in there. If we keep plugging along we can hold our heads high without regret. Right? If we quit, we'll never forgive ourselves...
Coors Light raised in your honor, my friend (sorry, no video of that!!). ;)

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! Sorry I'm chiming in late!! I read your most recent post as well and I'm glad to see you had a great b-day. I look forward to reading your journey over the next twelve weeks.

Wishing you a speedy recovery from "the funk" and may your creative genius flow.

Cheers!

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue