Book Review: The Appeal by John Grisham

When I originally added my star rating to this book in Shelfari, I only gave it 3 out of 5 stars. Now looking back, it deserves another star.

This is the first novel I’ve read by John Grisham and I loved his writing style. I was told that he can be a bit bloated at times, but I wouldn’t put The Appeal in that category. I definitely plan to pick up more books by Mr. Grisham.

Now more about the book. Grisham does an excellent job of pointing out how fucked up our legal system can be. I have to say “can be” cause I’d still rather be on trial in this country that in just about any other country. He doesn’t really need to remind us that politics and money go hand in hand, but he does weave a story that reminds us of how sick people can be to hold on to every million or billion they have, regardless of who they hurt. On the other side he’ll get you to feel deeply for the people who are living day-to-day with constant loss of their loved ones and livelihood. This was quite an emotional book, and I loved it!

RATING: 4 out of 5

0 comments:

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue