Another Happy NaNoWriMo Week


Happy Monday, all!  And so starts another week of writing Cause for Redemptio in NaNoWriMo.  I took the weekend off, so I was refreshed and ready to write this morning.

Decided to write to 40,000 today, which put me a bit over the daily 3500 goal.  Not so long ago I was excited to reach the first 10,000 words written and now I've reached the last 10,000.  How time flies when you're having fun!

Good NEWS!!  I've reached the half way point of the novel half way through the contest.  Now, as long as I can build up to the climax without getting carried away...

I love that I've set the habit for new writing again.  Probably my favorite thing about this contest.  So I've been thinking about what I'll write starting December 1st, to keep the habit alive.  I started a project in a notebook a couple months ago that's in the speculative fiction genre.  It's about the loss of creativity and has been a helpful story for me to write while dealing with the writer's block.  I've just been writing whatever comes to me with that story, which is refreshing considering how structured I've had to be with a series.  I also have another horror novel I started writing years and years and years ago that I've been thinking about quite a bit lately.  15 more days to figure it out.

What I do know is book 4 of The Courier series will be on hold for some time.  Editing three books will keep me busy until mid next year.  Golly gee, I love the way that sounds.

Have you thought about what you're doing December 1st?

1 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Dec 1 plans? Have you heard of the "Plot Whisperer"? She hosts PlotWriMo during Dec which promises to revamp your mess of a NaNo plot during the busiest month of the year - small attainable tasks without writing. Hmmm.I'm skeptical, but hopeful and need to find something other than reruns of HOARDERS to take up the hole NaNo will leave in my life ; )

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue