Weekly Whine: Morning Coffee's a Must

See below for It's Monday! What are you reading?

I don't really have anything to whine about today. I'm over my latest bout of anemia as of yesterday and actually had the energy to get out of bed at 3:50 A.M. this morning. Still had to head to the Keurig brewer first thing and watched the strongest brew stream into the cup. Ahhh...the aroma of morning coffee.

I got a bunch of yard work done yesterday. I love yard work! Really gives you the time to be productive and ponder, all at the same time. My poor backyard garden was seriously neglected after being ill the last couple years, so getting it back in order really makes me happy and peppy too :-). It was pretty hot yesterday though, and I HATE the heat--there's a tiny whine. Can't wait until we move up to the mountains full time. House in the mountains looking out on Longs Peak, where you see snow for most of the year, is the definition of heaven.

I have a confession. I missed the cutoff date for the contest. I worked my ass off editing The Courier and pulling my hair out with the synopsis, and it was nothing but painful. When the anemia got bad last weekend, I gave up and used my "lack of energy" as an excuse not to finish. The deadline came and went last Tuesday, and I didn't care. In fact, I was relieved I didn't enter. What it all came down to is that I lose my enjoyment for writing when I enter contests. So, NO MORE CONTESTS!

Off to add this week's forum topic to Vamplit Writer's. This week's question is who our vampire alter ego would be from literature, movies or television. The question came to me while watching Ultraviolet for the 20th time this weekend. Another movie I loved that no one else seemed to enjoy. So it's, no contest. I'd be Violet.

Oh, another movie we watched over the weekend that I thought was awesome, even after my son warned me young people really hated it was Gamer with Gerard Butler. Michael C. Hall plays another psycho in the movie. The man sure has talent for such roles.

WOW! I may not of had a lot to whine about, but I sure had enough to natter through.

It's Monday! What are You Reading?

What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme, hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through a World of Books where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list.

Currently Reading: Road Trip of the Living Dead by Mark Henry & God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert

Listening to: Blood Trail by C. J. Box

Just Finished: Moonshine by Alaya Johnson & Small Favor by Jim Butcher (LOVED IT!!)

Next up: Dance on Fire by James Garcia Jr.

Powered by Linky Tools Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where in the Long's Peak area are you heading to? I remember running many miles up and down the trails in the area, skirting Estes Park to hit Rocky Mountain National Park by the back way. Running the spines was fantastic. What a blend that would be for me: writing and running with my sweet lady by my side.

W.J. Howard said...

We haven't settled on a spot yet, but we always seem to find amazing places in Boulder County, off Hwy 7 and around Allenspark.

On Friday, I'll add some pictures of a piece of land we wanted really bad, but Boulder County has rules about not seeing the house from the road, and where we wanted to build wouldn't of worked.

Robert C. Nelson said...

Allenspark is nice because you miss the hub bub of the big tourist areas like Estes Park. Beautiful country. Good luck to you.

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue