All About Writers & Books
- This week's highlight was an interview with fellow Wicked Writer Gregory Marshall Smith over at Labotomy of a Writer. I finished reading They Call the Wild Muryah and Greg is quite the new talent in Sci Fi writing. The eBook is free on Smashwords and well worth the read!
- There's an awesome new feature over at Book Chick City. A kinda Cribs for writers that features their writing space. This week, Where Stories Are Made: Tim Waggoner. Haven't read his books, but they look pretty darn good, so Nekropolis also ended up in my reading queue.
- Over at Writing is About Putting Yourself to Words, How does an unknown author become a Kindle bestseller? Perseverance.
- I'm a new fan of Mark Henry, and he guest blogged over at Vampire Wire this week.
- And, I've got to support a Colorado writer in Guest Blog, Chat and Contest with Author Mario Acevedo over at Bitten by Books.
- Book reviews that caught my eye this week, and the books that got added to my GoodReads to-read list:
- Kalayna Price's Once Bitten and Twice Dead sure have gotten some mixed reviews. Still, I think I might give 'em a try.
- I've got high hopes for the hero type I've been looking for in this review of Defeat the Darkness. But I'll be starting with Dark Protector, the first in the Paladins of Darkness series.
- Bible Black because, "Clearly, it’s not for the easily offended. Really, really not."
- Not new, but the Mageworlds series looks awfully good. I might have to move these one to the top of my read list.
- Being a girl from "sweet home Chicago," I had to put the first in the Chicagoland Vampire series in my queue base on the review of Friday Night Bites by Chloe Neill over at Bitten by Books
- And last but not least, Darkness on the Edge of Town.
- Don't miss these every week:
All About Writing & Publishing
- Whoa There, eBook Writer contains some excellent advice for writers and was probably my favorite post this week.
- Authors Who Don't Read, doesn't seem like a reality. What do you think about it?
- How are Multiple Book Deal Advances says it all in the title. Now I need to get one.
- Persistence, a little something I could use so far this year. You also might want to read What I Learned from My 3 Favorite Authors.
- Tips for Developing Character Voice from Dee Garretson over at Livia Blackburne blog reminds us writers each character not only has something different to say, they say it differently.
- Social Media Networking - Is It Working? from a writer's perspective.
Other Blog Tours
- Literary Agent, Nathan Bransford's This Week in Publishing post is a blog tour of sorts. I still haven't gotten to all the links and it was posted last Friday. And, don't miss his post Don't Believe eBook Skeptics.