Movie Review: 30 Days of Night

I watched 30 Days of Night because I loved the idea of vampires taking over a town in Alaska during 30 straight days of night. Unfortunately it fell short, primarily because they followed the typical Hollywood horror/thriller movie formula--bad guys come to town, bad guys kill the people, heroes fight bad guys and survive.

What did I like? I enjoyed the cinematography and the fresh story idea (not the story line), as well as appreciated that the acting was pretty good. I also liked that the vampires spoke in a different tongue.

What did I dislike? The movie had a weak story line and wasn’t nearly gory enough for me. I would have liked to see the vampires torture their victims a bit more. Considering their prey was trapped, they could have had more fun with their meals.

All-in-all this movie really doesn't stand out among horror movies, but it’s worth watching.

MOVIE RATING: 3 out of 5

0 comments:

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue