Book Review: On Writing, by Stephen King

Again...I'll say it. Stephen King...love his work or hate it. This time around, I LOVE IT!!

I have been incredibly inspired by this book. King has given me a new outlook on completing Purloin, a novel of mine that I've been working on for five, yes 5, years. I guess five years isn't so bad. Better than saying life long work.

Anyways, On Writing reminded me that writing can be easy. Hell, I did it for almost 20 years, writing nonfiction, and writing was always fluid once I understood the subject. King says to just sit down and write 1000-2000 words of new story a day to get your first draft done. I know I can do this. I've done it during my career. Now, for the past couple days I've done it and boy has the pressure released. WHOO HOO!! It's working!!

If you're an author, read this book.

RATING: 5 out of 5

0 comments:

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue