Book Review: In the Dark of the Night, by John Saul

I’ve read one other novel by John Saul, many years ago, and I can’t seem to remember the title or the story line. After reading In the Dark of the Night, I know why I can’t remember the book. His writing is forgettable.

In the Dark of the Night was a great idea that could have been done much better. Bringing together mystical objects used by and created by serial murderers got my attention to read the book. Unfortunately the plot was uninteresting and predictable, and the writing repetitive. The book was also sadly missing the level of horror I expected. In my opinion, putting together a bunch of serial murderers requires more murder and blood than Saul delivered.

BOOK RATING: 2 out of 5

0 comments:

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue