Book Review: Moon Called, by Patricia Briggs

I was generous giving this book a 2 out of 5 because there were a few good parts in the beginning and ending of the book. All-in-all, the characters lacked emotions, except for an over abundance of resentment from the main character toward the dominant male werewolves. The resentment was so strong and overdone that I got the feeling the author was projection parts of her own personal life into the book, which I didn’t appreciate. I “got it” early on, so this got old really quickly. Where this story lacked in emotional characterization, the author included way TOO much information about the setting, most of which was not relevant to the story. It bored me, and speaking of boring, Mercy, the main character, was uninteresting. This is a series of books and I have absolutely no interest in knowing what she gets into next. Oh, and I expected this novel to be sexy and a little smutty, and it did NOT deliver. If you do decide to read this book, I suggest you read the first couple chapters, and then skip to chapter 12. Those are really the only chapters worth reading.

RATING: 2 out of 5

0 comments:

2009 W. J. Howard - Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress theme by Dirty Blue